Friday, April 24, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want ofwisdom. -- Proverbs 10:21 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Proverbs+10:21&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: I have several friends who are very wise in the way they speak.When they do speak up, everyone listens attentively because theirwords are always wise, well-timed, and worthwhile. Their righteouslives and careful use of words blesses and nourishes all wholisten. There are others, however, that are constantly talkingabout everything and spending little or no time practicing whatthey preach. Their words are discounted as nothing more than theirown desire to hear their own opinions about matters on which theyknow nothing. We each need to give serious consideration to what wesay and how others will view the things that we say.PRAYER: Holy and wise God, please give me wisdom and self-control tokeep my mouth shut unless what I say can benefit those to whom I'mspeaking. Help my words be helpful and true. In Jesus' name I pray.Amen.

No comments: