Thursday, April 16, 2009

PERSEVERENCE

PERSEVERENCE 1 Corinthians 10:6-15 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Corinthians+10:6-15Dear Father, righteous judge of all mankind,Help me to live as one upon whom the end of the ages has come.Help me take what happened to the Israelites as a warning tomyself. Don't let me get puffed up, thinking that I cannot fall.But at the same time let me keep in mind that no temptation hasovertaken me that is not common to man. Help me remember that youare faithful and will not allow me to be tempted beyond mystrength, but with every temptation will also provide the way forme to escape, that I may be able to endure it!The way of escape may be death, as it was for Jesus. If so, may Ibe willing to die if that is what it takes to enter your eternalkingdom.It is better that I should enter it with eyes or hands gone thanto enter into hell with my whole body intact. Help me to obey youfrom a heart of love and gratefulness for what you have done forme.In the name of Jesus grant me such love for you that I willpersevere in obedience until the very end. Amen.

No comments: