Friday, April 10, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: For I delivered unto you first of all that which I alsoreceived, how that Christ died for our sins according to thescriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again thethird day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen ofCephas, then of the twelve... -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Corinthians+15:3-5&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Some things are "first importance" things. They lie at the heartof the matter and are central to the issue at hand. For us asChristians, we don't have to doubt what those "first importance"things are. The Gospel of our salvation is built on one simplefoundation: Jesus died, Jesus was buried, Jesus rose from thegrave, and Jesus appeared to his disciples who were never the sameafter witnessing their resurrected Savior. Let's not let anyonedistract us from these core truths or crowd out their simplicitywith other matters they may claim to be essential. Our salvation isrooted in our faith and our participation in this simple, yetpowerful Gospel. PRAYER: Dear God, I confess my faith in your work for me in Jesus. Ibelieve that your Son and my Savior, Jesus, was crucified by wickedmen just as you had said long ago in your Word. I believe his deadand lifeless body was placed in the tomb. I believe that on thethird day, you brought him back to life, just as you promised. Ibelieve that those most destroyed by his death, those who knew himbest, saw him alive again. I believe their lives were never thesame. I believe, dear Father, that as I have confessed my faith inJesus and shared with him in his death, burial, and resurrectionthrough baptism that my life is caught up with him in yoursalvation and victory over death. I praise you for this grace. Ithank you for this assurance. I look forward to sharing in yourglory when he returns for me. Thank you for my salvation, in Jesus'name. Amen.

No comments: