Wednesday, April 8, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which Ipreached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein yestand... -- 1 Corinthians 15:1 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Corinthians+15:1&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Our hope, our salvation, and our foundation for faith is theGospel of Jesus Christ. This Gospel is the same as that Gospelfirst preached by the apostles and passed on to the believers inthe early church. With so many confusing and conflicting ideaspresent in the world, we need to go back and be reminded of oursimple faith in Jesus and his death, burial and resurrection. Weneed to un-clutter our hearts from all the ideas and issues that sooften divide our churches and rip apart our fellowships and hearthe words of the old hymn, "Simply to Thy Cross I cling." Today,let's be reminded of that simple Gospel of Jesus and build our lifethere.PRAYER: Almighty and Precious Father, I love you. I cannot begin tothank you enough for your love and grace, displayed so powerfullyto me in Jesus. I know the basis for my hope and the foundation onwhich I build my life is the Gospel of your dear Son. Thank you forgiving me something so simple, steadfast, and sure. In Jesus' nameI pray. Amen.

No comments: