Tuesday, April 14, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousnessdelivereth from death. -- Proverbs 10:2 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Proverbs+10:2&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Wealth, especially wealth gotten through greedy and wickedmeans, proves to be of no lasting value. This rancid wealth rotsthe heart of the one who gets it and it cannot save us from ourultimate demise. Righteousness, however, is a far more precioustreasure. This righteousness of the Eternal God, this gift given tous by grace through faith, is greater than the limits of ourmortality and powerful enough to redeem our soul from death.PRAYER: Holy and Righteous God, please make me righteous in your sight.I want my greatest legacy to be my righteous character, not mystatus, achievement, or wealth. I know my accomplishments will beforgotten after my earthly life is over, but I am fully convincedthat the righteousness that you work in me will be a blessing andan influence for generations after I am gone and will be myaccompanying treasure when I share with you in your glory. InJesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: