Friday, April 10, 2009

LOVE ABOVE KNOWLEDGE

LOVE ABOVE KNOWLEDGE 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Corinthians+8:1-13Dear Father, the one real and only God,Give me more love and humility than knowledge, for "Knowledgepuffs up but love builds up."People know lots of things, but they let it go to their heads.Help me, Father, never to imagine that I know everything, because Iknow that I do not yet know as I ought to know. What I want is tolove you as I should, for if I love you, then I am loved and knownby you. All the things that men and women pursue, O God, seem tohave no real existence when compared to you. There is no God butyou, the one God.The world is full of "gods." But for us Christians there is justone God, you, from whom all things come and for whom they exist,and there is just one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ, through whom areall things and through whom we exist.In the name of Jesus and by his authority I ask these thingsaccording to his will. Amen.

No comments: