Monday, April 6, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer andsupplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known untoGod. -- Philippians 4:6 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Philippians+4:6&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Anxiety is worry over things which we cannot control and whichwe do not remove from our thoughts. Anxiety dominates and controlsa passive mind and a troubled heart, filling both with doubt, fear,and dread. But, anxiety cannot be removed; it must be replaced. Weremove our anxiety by giving our concerns and worries to the Lord,trusting him to care for us. Then, as we give him thanks for whathe has done and what he is doing in our lives, we replace thoseconcerns and worries with a genuine sense of his presence. As aresult, our confidence in his future for us can return.PRAYER: Father, I know you love me. You have done so much to bless andsave me. I deliberately place the worries and concerns of my heartin your hands ... (Specifically mention the things that burden yourheart today.) Father, I also want to thank you for the many waysyou have blessed me over my life ... (Specifically mentionblessings you have received from God!) Now, dear Father, pleasefill my heart with your Spirit and my mind with the sense of yourpresence and peace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: