Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Your Testimony Has Power

Your Testimony Has PowerElder Marquis Boone "And many of the Samaritans of that city believed in Him because of the word of the woman who testified, "He told me all that I ever did." So when the Samaritans had come to Him, they urged Him to stay with them; and He stayed there two days. And many more believed because of His own word." John 4:39-41 (NKJV) Recently I was sitting and having a conversation with one of my spiritual sons, Curtis Smith, and we began to talk about how long ago the church loved to share their testimony. Also how in many churches they had a section in the service just for that and it was called testimony service. Now testimony service has been cut out of many of our churches and many people are afraid of telling their testimony.A testimony is nothing more than an open acknowledgment or public profession of one's experience. It is a look back at where you came from and where you are now. I want you to understand that the bible says that "they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony" Revelation 12:11 (NKJV). This shows you that a testimony has power. In John 4:39-41, a Samaritan woman experiences the love and mercy of Christ. After this experience, she begins telling many people of her testimony about Christ, and because of this she drew more and more people closer to Christ. Your testimony has the same affect. It can draw both saved and unsaved to a deeper and new relationship in Christ. No matter if your testimony is full of good or full of things that you are ashamed of, it still has power.Your testimony is simply what the Lord has done for you. You still being alive is enough of a testimony to tell someone else. Times are hard and many people need a light. Many people feel like the issues that they are facing are killing them, but your testimony can change their state from hopeless to hopeful. Like my grandmother use to say, "There is power in your testimony."Don't allow people stop you from sharing the goodness of Christ in your life. So many of you may be asking, well what's your testimony? Well I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, and at the age of twelve I almost died because my appendix erupted and left me in the hospital for over two months. During that time my eyes were opened and I realized that death has no age and tomorrow is not promised to anyone.After that time in my life I gave my life to Christ and began to run after Him with all my heart. I was licensed as a minister at the age of fourteen; and completed high school in two and a half years graduating at the age of sixteen. God elevated me to Youth Pastor, and at the age of nineteen I graduated from college with a BA. There is power in your testimony.

No comments: