Monday, July 27, 2009

Dare To Pray Boldly

Dare To Pray BoldlyDeshawn Snow Dare to prophesy every blessing and promise He has for you. Studying what God's word says is crucial to your vision. The Bible says in Psalm 1, "But His delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prosper." You must meditate and constantly think on who God says you are. Make it a mantra that you repeat over and over and over in your mind. Tell yourself:• "I can do all things through Christ."• "I am more than a conqueror." • "I am the head and not the tail." • "I will receive power and the anointing." • "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."When you start speaking these things, meditating on them and listening to who God says you are, you will begin to see your life change and your vision become a reality. When you do, get ready! One New Year's Day, God woke me up in the middle of the night with the incredible vision of a multi-product project. Now, just a few months later, I have a character developed, my first book done, and am in the process of getting my storyboards and voice over track so that I can pitch the concept to networks. You see, faith without works is dead.If you want to do something, start getting the training that you need. Surround yourself with pictures and other visual images so that you are reminded of your dream every day. Get in the right environment. Declare, "Father, thank you for giving me the creativity to do this thing. Thank you for bringing the right people in my life and let this touch people for your glory." Thank God in advance for what you believe He will do.It's been said that success is when preparation meets opportunity. When opportunity comes, you want to be prepared. Take Oprah Winfrey, for example. She had a vision that she pursued. She did not let the abuse she went through - or the environment she was raised in - keep her from her goal. I imagine she had a dream, deep within her heart, to make a better life for herself.Through her determination, she went from working part time at a local radio station to having her own nationally syndicated talk show, to becoming the head of a multi-media conglomerate. At the same time, she has donated and raised millions of dollars for charity.But what would have happened if Ms. Winfrey had gotten comfortable midway on her journey? What if she hadn't had a large vision and didn't see each opportunity as preparation for something greater?When asked what gave her the ability to accomplish it all, she answered that because of her tough childhood, and the pain she endured, she was made a very strong woman. Nothing today can shake her foundation.What is your foundation?No matter what has happened to you in life, God is your foundation. You are not your experiences in and of themselves. You are the product of them. God took you from one place and brought you to another. Remember where you come from, so that you are sure of where you're going.Oprah Winfrey says, "I don't think of myself as a poor deprived, ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as someone who, from an early age, knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good." You can make good too. Just remember to:• Meditate on his promises.• Put some action behind your faith.• Be prepared for your opportunity.• Remember where you came from.

No comments: