Saturday, July 18, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and hethat formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, Ihave called thee by thy name; thou art mine." -- Isaiah 43:1 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Isaiah+43:1&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: We belong to the LORD, God of all creation and God of Abraham,Isaac, and Jacob (cf. 1 Pet. 2:9-10). We are recipients of God'sgrace and are blessed by his love for Israel's fathers. We do nothave to fear because God is in control of our future, just as heworked through the history of his chosen people to send theMessiah. He will accompany us through the difficult trials we willface. He will make sure our redemption is realized. Why? Because webelong to him. We are his. He knows us. He formed us. God's peopleare his possession forever. We are children of the Almighty God!PRAYER: Almighty and Sovereign LORD -- God of our fathers Abraham,Isaac, and Jacob -- I praise you for your faithfulness to yourpromises. I thank you for your redemptive work through manygenerations. I deeply appreciate you sending your Son and ourMessiah to redeem us. I praise you for inspiring the Scriptures toteach me your truth. Please know my deep gratitude for the blessingof belonging to you and knowing that I can trust my future withyou. Please bless your people with an awesome sense of your abidingpresence and use us to bring you glory. In Jesus' name I pray.Amen.

No comments: