Thursday, July 23, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be withme where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast givenme: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. -- John 17:24 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=John+17:24&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Wow, what an unbelievable collection of high powered phrases oftruth and promise! We are a gift from the Father to Jesus. Jesuswants us to be with him in the glorious presence of God. Jesuswants us to see his glory and experience it. Jesus has been lovedby the Father from before the Creation. Think about these truths.Ask God for understanding so you can see how powerfully thesereveal our importance to him. Dream of the day you will share inGod's glory as one of his children! (cf. 1 Jn. 3:1-3) Now, let's golive based on the view God has of us.PRAYER: Almighty God and Abba Father, forgive me for the mundane andearthbound view that I have of myself and your other children.Through your Spirit, stir in me a more profound appreciation ofJesus' disciples and how much each of us means to you. Pleaseempower me to be more patient, tolerant, forgiving, and respectfulof my Christian brothers' and sisters' imperfections as Iacknowledge my own imperfections and as I long for the day that weare united in perfection before your holy throne of grace. InJesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: