Monday, July 13, 2009

Sharing Over Wine

Sharing Over WineBrenda Gittens "All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to Himself through what Christ did. And God has given us the task of reconciling people to Him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. This is the wonderful message He has given us to tell others." (2 Corinthians 5:17-19). Do you know or can you sense, when that special opportunity comes for you to share your faith with someone whose path you may cross? Not as a big planned project or performance, but just simply being available to the Lord's will and call anytime and anywhere. Simply sharing what you know about Jesus, and what He's done for you. (2 Corinthians 4:5). The Holy Spirit working through you, giving you what to say and how to say it. It could even be done over wine!"We don't go around preaching about ourselves; we preach Christ Jesus, the Lord." While flying back home from Georgia, I was enjoying the plane ride. A young man seated next to me was reading and studying some papers pulled from his briefcase. While eating airline snacks, we began to engage in conversation. He asked about California, and I shared a little about it. He shared that he had to fly into San Francisco for his job, and he was to be at a winery in the Napa Valley for a meeting the next day.He asked if I drank wine and my response was, "For communion I do." He then responded back with a smile and began to share his memories with me of him serving communion as a child. He then asked, "Are you one of those 'new' Christians?" and He shared that he was not.The Holy Spirit gave me the opportunity to share with him a little about my upbringing, and how one day I had become a born-again Christian. This was a time of me simply sharing the message in this scripture. "What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).Sharing our faith with unbelievers is what we as believers have been called to do. God has given us the privilege of being His ambassadors in this world. While writing this, I couldn't help but think of the joy and delight that comes when sharing my faith. We don't have all of the answers and responses for people that we cross paths with, but we can simply share what the Holy Spirit gives us, remember to pray for them, and leave the rest to God.To share on this plane with this stranger is something I will never forget. I don't even know that persons name, but God does!

No comments: