Wednesday, July 1, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; andall these things shall be added unto you. -- Matthew 6:33 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Matthew+6:33&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Seek! That is the focus word in this verse. This word is arobust word, describing a passionate pursuit of something to makeit our own. The Kingdom, and the righteousness of those in thisKingdom, are not our wish, our hope, our dream -- they are to beour passion. We will pursue God's Kingdom at all costs. We willpursue it with passion. This will be our consuming effort until wemake it our own, or better yet, find it our home!PRAYER: Forgive me, dear God, for letting my passion for your Kingdomand your character get pushed to the side. Awaken me each morningwith a sense of passion for your work and your will for that day.Father, I want to be a passionate seeker; please make me restlessfor your Kingdom as my home. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: