Tuesday, July 7, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and hewill flee from you. -- James 4:7 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=James+4:7&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Let's admit it. Most of us would like for spiritual growth to beeasy. We want our ability to withstand temptation to require littleeffort. We want the Holy Spirit to do the work and God to protectus from too much stress and strain. Thankfully, God does empower usthrough his Holy Spirit. However, he does remind us that for theSpirit to work powerfully in our lives, we must intentionallysubmit our wills to God and we must resist the devil. If we willput up a fight against him and his temptations, he will flee fromus. Let's do our part, trusting that God will more than uphold hispromises!PRAYER: Father, thank you for your presence and power in me through yourHoly Spirit. Thank you for the Scriptures which reveal to me yourwill. Now, dear Father, I gladly submit my will to yours, askingyou to do your will in me. Please use your people and your Spiritto motivate and inspire me to resist the devil and recognize hisattempts to derail my commitment to you. I ask this in the powerfulname of Jesus. Amen.

No comments: