Friday, July 10, 2009

VERSE: Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, inwhatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. -- Philippians 4:11 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Philippians+4:11&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Paul tells Timothy that one of life's greatest treasures is tofind contentment in godliness (1 Tim. 6:6). With this treasure, ourphysical circumstances become far less important to us than thecharacter we display in those circumstances. Our bottom line isless important than loving God from the bottom of our hearts. Thosewho are wealthy and show godliness, a very difficult challengeaccording to Jesus, are those who have demonstrated that they arecontent to be godly and will be that kind of person with or withoutwealth. Those who are poor and are godly have demonstrated the sameability. So the bottom line is not how rich are we in money, buthow rich are we in grace!PRAYER: Steadfast and faithful Father, still my restless and sometimescovetous heart and help me find my contentment in your presence andcharacter in my life. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments: