Monday, June 22, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favourof the LORD. -- Proverbs 18:22 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Proverbs+18:22&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Several great truths are taught us in the opening chapters ofthe Bible. First, we are made in God's image, both male and female.Second, we are made to be different (male and female). Third, weare made to bless each other and be complements of one another.Fourth, we are made to leave our families of origin and build ourlives together (Gen. 1:26-2:25). To find a partner for life, onecreated by God in his image, is to find what is truly good!PRAYER: Father, I thank you for your plan for my life. (For themarried:) I thank you for my partner in marriage and ask for yourhelp in blessing and fulfilling that person in every way. (For thewidowed:) I ask, dear Father, that you comfort my feelings of lossand grief, and that you know my thanks for this special personthrough whom you blessed my life. (For the single:) I ask that youhelp me know the path for my life and use me to bless others in theway that I live with integrity and faithfulness. In addition, dearFather, please bless me with close Christian friends with whom Ican find emotional fulfillment and spiritual strength. (For thedivorced) I ask, dear Father, that you minister to my sense of lossand that you use me to serve you and bring you glory. However, dearGod, I need your nearness to sustain me and comfort me as I dealwith my emotional struggles and unfulfilled hopes. In Jesus' name Ipray. Amen.

No comments: