Thursday, June 11, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD,thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. -- Jeremiah 29:11 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Jeremiah+29:11&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Jeremiah was telling God's people that 70 years after thedevastation, God would deliver and restore them. Despite the factthat they had repeatedly abandoned God, he would not abandon themor his promises to them. He would be faithful. In fact, God wasplanning and preparing a bright future for them. This promise alsoreminds us that no matter how deep our own personal gloom may seem,God does have plans for us. He will keep his promises to us. Hewill deliver and bless us. We can have a vibrant hope and a brightfuture because of his faithfulness and our trust in his Son, Jesus,who delivers us from every foe.PRAYER: Give me faith, O Lord, during the times I'm weary, discouraged,and beaten down. Inspire me to trust in your great promises. Pleasegive me courage, O Lord, when my faith wavers. Help me obey yourword no matter how challenging it may seem or how discouraged Ifeel. Thank you for giving me a bright future in Jesus. Please helpme live more consciously aware of this great gift. In Jesus' name Ipray. Amen.

No comments: