Saturday, June 20, 2009

RELYING ON GOD

RELYING ON GOD 2 Corinthians 11:29-31 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=2+Corinthians+11:29-31Dear Father, almighty God,"Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am notindignant? If I must boast, I will boast of the things which showmy weakness."My God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, blessed one, ever-living,bear witness to the truth that you are teaching me. Thank you forshowing me that my finiteness, my weakness, is part of your will.You have graciously set limits around me, so that I must depend onyou. Isn't dependence on an all-powerful God better than having alimited independence? Your mighty arm can do things for me beyondwhat any army could do! To boast of my weakness is to boast ofyour power. To experience weakness is to learn about compassion.Thank you for all this, for in this you surely are teaching me howto love both my fellow man and you.In the name of Jesus I pray, earnestly beseeching you to teach mehow to truly depend on you in all things. Amen.

No comments: