Monday, June 15, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, anddo this, or that. -- James 4:15 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=James+4:15&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: While I like to have choices and I like to be responsible for myown decisions, I am truly thankful that God allows me to submit mylife to his will and place my trust in him. The Father is at workin me to do his will (Phil. 2:13) and to work for my best good(Rom. 8:28). I gladly acknowledge that my plans are subject to hiswill. I am appreciative that my goals and successes are in hishands. I gladly proclaim that what lies ahead for me can besummarized by one phrase: "If the Lord wills!"PRAYER: Thank you, Abba Father, that my life and my future are in yourhands. Forgive me for the times that my plans are too full ofmyself and not consciously dependent upon you. Thank you forrescuing me from the messes I have made because of my failed plansbuilt around my own foolish arrogance. Dear Father, help me toalways gladly place my plans, my life, and my future in submissionto your will. In Jesus' holy name, and by his power, I pray. Amen.

No comments: