Friday, June 19, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for themthat fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in theebefore the sons of men! -- Psalm 31:19 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Psalm+31:19&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Out of this psalm which begins in desperation, we find acrescendo of faith. While things may seem bleak, God will notabandon his children. Those who reverence God will not beforgotten. Far from ignoring his children, God has stored up hisgoodness which he will generously pour out on them to show thatthey are his. Those who take refuge in him will be protected andblessed. For those on this side of Jesus' resurrection, thispromise of blessing and vindication takes on added depth andmeaning as well as deeper assurance!PRAYER: O LORD, God of Abraham, Moses, Ruth, David, and Esther, I praiseyou for your proven faithfulness through the centuries. I thank youfor the great heritage of faith that shows me that I can trust youto remember me with your grace, protect me by your power, and blessme with your goodness. Please give me courage to hang on to myfaith no matter the trials and temptations I face. In Jesus' name Ipray and place my trust in you. Amen.

No comments: