Saturday, June 13, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousnessunto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alivefrom the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousnessunto God. -- Romans 6:13 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Romans+6:13&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: This long verse boils down to a very simple message: We are toglorify God by what we do with our bodies. We were dead in our sin,but God has made us alive through our participation with Jesus inhis saving death, burial, and resurrection. How can we go back tothe hideous sins that master us and lead us to death? We shouldn't!We mustn't! And with God's gracious help, we won't. Our commitmentto live for his glory and with the power of the Holy Spirit willhelp us live for him! PRAYER: Father, God of grace, please forgive me for the times in my pastwhen I flirted with sin. I know how much you paid to redeem me frommy sin. I know the power of Satan to use sin to entrap and enslaveme. Bless me as I commit to live for you, with Jesus as my Lord andthe Spirit's empowering me to honor you. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: