Thursday, May 21, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. -- 1 Peter 5:7 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Peter+5:7&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: So often our worries are so heavy because we refuse to put themdown. Let's cast our burdens on the Lord. Let's consciously put ourfuture in his hands. Let's trust our worrisome fears to his care.We know he loves us and longs to sustain and comfort us because ofwhat he has done to save us.PRAYER: Holy God and loving Father, I consciously place my fears,worries, anxieties, and burdens in your hands. I know that I haveso little power to change the outcome of these events andsituations that can cause me to have these anxious feelings.However, dear Father, I trust that you will work what is pleasingto you, and best for me, out of these situations. Forgive me for myanxious thoughts and for letting my own worry become an idol thatrobs you of my full trust. Strengthen and empower me to trust youmore by the power and presence of your Spirit. In Jesus' name Ipray. Amen.

No comments: