Saturday, May 9, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE: He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he thatrefuseth reproof erreth. -- Proverbs 10:17 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Proverbs+10:17&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Discipline is not only important to us, but also to those whoare influenced by our actions. So often we undervalue the impact ofour personal decisions on others. But God has placed each of us ina circle of influence to be a blessing and a redemptive influencefor those around us. To choose what is foolish, to ignore godlycorrection, not only jeopardizes our own future, but also thefuture of others.PRAYER: Father, humble and correct me gently. I know I am weak and notwhere I want to be spiritually. Mature me with your Spirit andcorrect me with your Word, your shepherds, and your discipline.Make my influence a blessing to those you have placed around me. InJesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: