Wednesday, February 24, 2010

VERSE:

VERSE:
We love him, because he first loved us.
-- 1 John 4:19
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+John+4:19&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
It's all very simple. God is love. He is love's origin, example,
and architect. I love because he loved me first. I know how to love
because he has demonstrated it. I can love because he made me in
his likeness and to share his character. He is the fountain, the
motivation, and the pinnacle of love. I love because he does,
first, last, and always.

PRAYER:
God of comfort, thank you for comforting me with your love. Just
as a child learns from parents how to do so many things, I want to
learn to love as you do: sacrificially, selflessly, and
submissively so that others may know that they do not have to earn
your love, only receive it. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments: