Thursday, February 11, 2010

VERSE:

VERSE:
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not;
charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave
itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked,
thinketh no evil...
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Corinthians+13:4-5&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
Love does not focus on me, but on others. Each of these
qualities of love is based upon an affectionate, compassionate, and
forgiving attitude that regards others as being valuable and not
just placing value on me and my desires. No wonder the old saying
goes "The middle of sIn is a big I!" When "I" become more important
than others and what "I" want and that "I" win is more significant
than what someone else truly needs, then "I" have lost my way and
do not display the love of Christ.

PRAYER:
Holy God and Sacrificial Father, teach me to notice others and
value them just as you do. I know you loved me when I was not
lovable, and redeemed me when I was not worthy. Help me to take my
eyes off myself and see others as you see them. In the name of
Jesus I pray. Amen.

No comments: