Sunday, September 27, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE:
The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth
of the wicked speaketh frowardness.
-- Proverbs 10:32
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Proverbs+10:32&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
How many times have you said just the "wrong" thing? For me, it
is more often than I would like to recall. Jesus' words on this
topic are indeed convicting to me: "Out of the abundance of the
heart does the mouth speak." In other words, poor words and bad
timing in our speech are more issues of our heart than issues of
social skills and decorum. Let's ask God to purify, mend, and
re-focus our heart on his will and passions.

PRAYER:
Almighty God, loving and merciful Father, please purify my heart
of all evil, hate, duplicity, prejudice, malice, lust and greed. By
the powerful name of Jesus, please drive away any evil power or
enticing temptation that would corrupt my heart and wound my soul.
Fill my heart with love, grace, righteousness, holy passion,
gentleness, forbearance, sensitivity, courage, conviction, and
forgiveness. Give me discernment to know which of these qualities
are needed at any given moment. Sanctify me -- body, soul, and
spirit -- with your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: