Friday, September 18, 2009

BETTER THINGS

BETTER THINGS

Hebrews 5:11-6:4, 9-12
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Hebrews+5:11-6:4,+9-12

Dear Father,

I am eager to be a good learner. I want to get beyond needing milk
meant for babies. I want to digest the solid food of your word. I
want to be skilled in righteousness, able to distinguish good from
evil.

Let me move past the elementary teachings of Christ and go on to
maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance. Help me to
lay hold of those "better things" that belong to salvation.

Thank you, God, for remembering the work and love that I render
for your sake in serving your holy people. May I realize the
assurance of hope right to the end, so that I may not be sluggish,
but may imitate those who through faith and patience inherit your
promises.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

No comments: