Tuesday, September 22, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that
ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto
God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this
world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye
may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of
God.
-- Romans 12:1-2
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Romans+12:1-2&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
The motivation for our holiness is God's incredible mercy and
grace. We offer ourselves to him because he has already shown us
his love through the sacrifice of Jesus. As we offer ourselves to
honor him, we are worshipping him. As we refuse to be molded into
the lifestyle of the world, we offer him praise. As we consistently
do these things with our lives, God's will becomes even clearer.
With the Spirit's help, we are daily being transformed to be more
like Jesus (2 Cor. 3:18) as we display more of the character of God
(Gal. 5:22-23).

PRAYER:
Father, as the old hymn says, "Have thine own way Lord ... mold
me and make me after thy will!" I gladly offer you my heart, my
life, and my future to be used to your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: