Wednesday, September 23, 2009

VERSE:
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him
deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
-- Luke 9:23
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Luke+9:23&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
Offering ourselves to God isn't easy because it means we must
first die to our own selfish will. Like Jesus did in the Garden of
Gethsemane, we face our own cross and must cry out, "Not my will,
dear Father, but your will be done!"

PRAYER:
Dear Father, thank you for sending Jesus as my Savior. Lord
Jesus, I want to follow you. I don't want it to be half-hearted or
hypocritical. I want your life to be seen in me. So please, gently
show me the areas where my heart needs to be softened and my
character needs to be shaped by the Spirit so that I can more
perfectly reflect your glory, grace, and character to those around
me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: