Tuesday, September 8, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE:
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any
twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and
spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the
thoughts and intents of the heart.
-- Hebrews 4:12
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Hebrews+4:12&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
What is the greatest tool to repair the human heart? ... by-pass
surgery? ... angioplasty? ... artificial heart? ... transplant? How
about the Word of God? You see, while these other techniques can be
of great aid to the physical heart of people, God's tool for heart
surgery is his Word. This sharp scalpel can reach the soul and
spirit as well as being a physical blessing. So how much of your
heart are you offering to God and his powerful heart-healing tool
to touch? As you open God's Scripture, as you hear the message of
God preached, why not ask for the Holy Spirit's help to help you
understand, apply, and put into practice what is being taught?
Let's offer our hearts to the Great Physician to do his work in us!

PRAYER:
Holy God, I ask that as I open your Scriptures and hear your
Word preached and taught, that the Holy Spirit penetrate my heart
and convict me of sin, discomfort me in areas where I need growth,
and stir me in areas where I need motivation to be more like Jesus,
in whose name I pray. Amen.

No comments: