Sunday, November 30, 2008

VERSE:

VERSE: If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concernmine infirmities. -- 2 Corinthians 11:30 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=2+Corinthians+11:30&translation=kjv

THOUGHT: One of Paul's recurring themes throughout 2 Corinthians is thatGod's strength is made perfect in weakness. In 1 Corinthians, heemphasizes that the strength, wisdom, and power of God are shown inwhat is normally a sign of weakness and humiliation -- the Cross(cf. 1 Cor. 1:18-2:5). Paul wasn't a wimp -- remember all heendured and kept on serving the Lord. (2 Cor. 11:24-27) He justknew that even with all his training and talent, he wasn't skilled,smart, or strong enough to do all that needed to be done for theKingdom of God. But he knew that when we recognize ourinsufficiency, God takes our weakness and uses it powerfully whenwe offer ourselves to him!

PRAYER: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for all those times that youhave strengthened me when I was under trial, given me wisdom whenin a difficult situation, or empowered me when I faced situationsand opportunities greater than my ability to handle. I recognizethat you saved me by your grace; but each day that I serve you, Iam again reminded that your grace continues to enable me to serveyou. Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: