Wednesday, November 19, 2008

VERSE:

VERSE: And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them whenthou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, whenthou liest down, and when thou risest up. -- Deuteronomy 11:19 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Deuteronomy+11:19&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Moses gives us three crucial messages about God's commandments.First, as parents, it is our responsibility to teach them to ourchildren -- not the responsibility of the government, or of theschools, nor even our churches. Second, we are to teach them in theeveryday course of life as we go about our routines as a family.Third, we are to teach them continuously by both our words and ourlives as we raise our children.PRAYER: O LORD God, please bless me as I seek to impart my faith toothers, especially to those in my family. Please bless me with aconsistent and faithful witness to them and the right words to saywhen the time is right. Give me the courage and sensitivity to sayit with loving respect, and the courage to live as a strongChristian example for my children and grandchildren. In Jesus' nameI pray. Amen.

No comments: