Thursday, November 27, 2008

VERSE:

VERSE: All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no manknoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man theFather, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I willgive you rest. -- Matthew 11:27-28 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Matthew+11:27-28&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: True rest comes from knowing God. King David reminds us of thisin Psalm 23. Jesus makes it clear again. Only Jesus can fullyreveal God to us. Only Jesus can take away the burden of seeking toplease God without an understanding of grace. Only he can removethe burden of our past sins and enable us to stand holy, blameless,and free from accusation before God Almighty (cf. Colossians1:21-22). PRAYER: Father in heaven, thank you for sending Jesus to fulfill the Lawand to bless me with your grace. May I never take that grace forgranted. Dear Father, empower me to serve you with joy and gladnessthat come from knowing that the burdens of my sinfulness andfailure have been lifted by your grace. In Jesus' name I pray.Amen.

No comments: