Saturday, November 1, 2008

VERSE:

VERSE: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence ofthings not seen. -- Hebrews 11:1 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Hebrews+11:1&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: "I believe, but help my unbelief!" That's what the father of theboy with convulsions said to Jesus (Mark 5). This must sometimes beour prayer, too. As we look at the great heroes of faith in Hebrews11, we know this must have been their prayer as well. Their faithwasn't always perfect. Their trust wasn't always mature. But, theystayed at it; they believed and acted with a relentless assurancethat somehow, some way, God would act and deliver. Let's stay at itwith that kind of faith, too! PRAYER: Dear God, "I believe, but help my unbelief." Please mature andempower my faith so that my life will be a steadfast and consistenttestimony to your presence and grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

No comments: