Wednesday, December 10, 2008

VERSE:

VERSE: Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; inhonour preferring one another; -- Romans 12:10 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Romans+12:10&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: "He who toots his own horn plays in a very small band!" A veryselfish part of us wants all attention and appreciation to befocused on what we have done, sacrificed, and accomplished. One ofthe signs of spiritual maturity that Paul lists here, however, is adevotion to others who are our fellow Christians. This means thatwe genuinely rejoice when others are honored. In fact, we are evenmore interested in honoring others than in receiving honorourselves.PRAYER: Dear God, my loving Father, thank you for surrounding me with somany godly and honorable people. Please help me see ways each daythat I can show them my love, admiration, and appreciation. InJesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: