Tuesday, December 2, 2008

VERSE:

VERSE: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by therenewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, andacceptable, and perfect, will of God. -- Romans 12:2 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Romans+12:2&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: Sooner or later we all have to make a decision: Will I be anonconformist? Will I refuse to be squeezed into the mold of theworld? (J.B. Phillips terminology.) Will I be part of a Christiancounter-culture? (John R.W. Stott terminology.) Will I be God's ownperson, an alien and an exile in the world, put here to have aredemptive influence? (The apostle Peter's terminology.) Jesussimply calls us his disciples. Bottom line: until we are reallyready to cross the line and live totally for the Lord, we're notgoing to be able to fully recognize God's will for us. There are noarm-chair quarterback Christians. There are no sideline disciples.There are no back-seat driver Christians. We either chose theLordship of Jesus, or else we reject it. So what's your decision?PRAYER: Holy God, I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. Ibelieve that he came to earth as a human, lived an exemplary lifeof grace and power, and died for my sins so I could live for you,and with you, forever. Please forgive me, O God, for the times thatI have hedged on my commitment to you and flirted with thedarkness. I want to live for you with passion, joy, andfulfillment. I want to be transformed to be like Christ. In hisname, Jesus the Lord, I pray. Amen.

No comments: