Tuesday, December 16, 2008

VERSE:

VERSE: Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things,but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your ownconceits. -- Romans 12:16 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Romans+12:16&translation=kjvTHOUGHT: "Don't be conceited!" That's a command for someone else, right?I don't think I've ever met someone who felt he or she wasconceited. But, when we're looking for someone with whom we want toassociate, we seldom look for someone ignored by the crowd,forgotten by the pretty people, and easily overlooked by others. Wewant to "hang around with" those who are important, who aresuperstars, or at least who carry some clout. We believe we deserveto be noticed and valued, too. Oops, guess that's where thecommands in this verse come from! PRAYER: Father, thank you for making me in your image, designedpersonally by you to do something to bring you glory. At the sametime, Father, I don't want to be a snob, thinking too much ofmyself and my importance. Please help me see those with whom youwant me to associate. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

No comments: