Thursday, November 5, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE:
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his
death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body
of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
-- Romans 6:5-6
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Romans+6:5-6&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
Paul reminds us that our baptism was more than just a dunking in
water. In baptism, we shared in Jesus' death, burial, and
resurrection. What he did to save us is now shared with us. We die
to sin and are raised to be a new person, cleansed and made holy,
empowered by the Holy Spirit. We have been set free from the power
and the penalty of sin.

PRAYER:
Father, thank you for giving me new life in Jesus. I am truly
thankful that my guilt is covered by your grace. I ask for the
power to live my life of freedom from sin. Forgive me for my times
of mediocrity and flirtation with sin. Give me a strong sense of
revulsion toward anything that would pollute my soul or distract my
heart from your will. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

No comments: