Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A PRECIOUS PROMISE

A PRECIOUS PROMISE

Philippians 3:8
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Philippians+3:8

Dear Father, Keeper of all your promises,

You have promised: "Be faithful unto death and I will give you a
crown of life." Thank you for such a precious promise! You are so
gracious to me!

Help me to count everything as loss for the surpassing worth of
knowing Christ Jesus as my Lord. For his sake I would gladly suffer
the loss of all things - at least I hope I would - and count them
as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him.

Father, you know my heart. You know that I don't want a
righteousness of my own based on self-sufficient rule-keeping, but
one which comes from trusting Christ.

I want the righteousness that you provide when I commit myself to
your trustworthy care.

In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: