Saturday, January 16, 2010

VERSE:

VERSE:
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the
lust of the flesh.
-- Galatians 5:16
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Galatians+5:16&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
I don't want you to think about an orange rhinoceros flying with
blue wings. Now quit. I don't want you to think about it anymore.
You know there is no such thing as an orange rhino that flies, much
less one that flies on blue wings. Of course the point is simple:
the more we try to not do something, the more we focus on it and
insure we do what we are not supposed to do. That's why the gift of
the Holy Spirit is so important. He enables and empowers us to move
beyond our sin -- not by focusing on it and refusing it, but by
enriching us and "distracting" us with the important things of God.

PRAYER:
Abba Father, I thank you so much for your Holy Spirit that lives
in me and is now interceding with you for me. Please fill me with
your Spirit so that my life more nearly reflects your will and
focuses on your concerns. Through Jesus, who poured out your Spirit
upon me at my baptism, I pray. Amen.

No comments: