Tuesday, January 26, 2010

VERSE:

VERSE:
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your
hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
-- James 4:10
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=James+4:10&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
Humble yourselves. That sounds obscene. At least to the "get
ahead at all cost" and "don't look back because the competition is
gaining on you" culture of self-promotion, it sounds obscene.
Humility is a forgotten virtue. Often confused with weakness or
timidity, humility is about knowing our proper place in the world
without flaunting it. Only God can exalt in a permanent way, so the
key is to know our place before him and let him put us in the place
he chooses.

PRAYER:
Abba Father, Most Holy God, thank you for allowing me into your
presence. When I think of all that you have done, the incredible
universe you have made and hold together by your word, I am amazed
you invite me into your presence. I am amazed that you even care
about my choice of words. Thank you for knowing me and having a
plan for my life. Help me to live each day with humility and grace
before others as I seek to glorify you in all things. Through Jesus
I pray. Amen.

No comments: