Saturday, May 15, 2010

Verse

VERSE:
As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the
bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou
knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
-- Ecclesiastes 11:5
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Ecclesiastes+11:5&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
I don't know. I don't know! That has to be one of the hardest
phrases for us to use. But when thinking about God and his ways,
that's really all we can say. What we know about God is only what
he in his grace has chosen to reveal to us. He is the Mystery of
mysteries. He is the supreme knowable Unknown. Yet what we do know
of him, what he has revealed to us in Jesus, is not only mighty and
awesome, but loving and merciful.

PRAYER:
To you, O Lord God, I can only offer my wonder and awe. When I
consider the vastness of the universe in which our tiny blue planet
spins its existence, I am humbled at your wonderfully complex and
expansive sovereignty. At the same time, Abba Father, I treasure
your nearness. You are the God far above all I know, the God who
transcends space and time, and also God my Father who is ever near.
Thank you for being accessible but not penetrable, available but
not controllable. I thank you and praise you in the name of Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: