Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thank You Daddy

"When You ThoughtI Wasn't Looking"

When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you hang my first painting on therefrigerator, and I immediately wantedto paint another one.When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you feed a stray puppy and I learnedthat it was good to be kind to animals.When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you make my favorite cake for meand I learned that the little things canbe the special things in life.When you thought I wasn't looking,I heard you say a prayer and I knew thereis a GOD I could always talk to and I learnedto trust in GOD.When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you make a meal and take it to a friendwho was sick and I learned that we all haveto help take care of each other.When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you give of your time and money to helppeople who had nothing and I learned thatthose who have something should give tothose who don't.When you thought I wasn't looking,I felt you kiss me good night and I feltsafe and loved.When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you taking care of our house andeveryone in it and I learned we have to takecare of what we are given.When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw how you handled your responsibilities,even when you didn't feel good and I learnedthat I would have to be responsible whenI grow up.When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw tears come from your eyes and I learnedthat sometimes things hurt, but it'sall right to cry.When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw that you cared and I wanted to beeverything that I could be.When you thought I wasn't looking,I learned most of life's lessons that I needto know to be a good and productive personwhen I grow up.When you thought I wasn't looking,I looked at you and wanted to say,"Thanks for all the things I saw whenyou thought I wasn't looking."
Copy

No comments: