Saturday, June 28, 2008

Psalms 63

1
O God, thou art my God;

early will I seek thee:
my soul thirsteth for thee,
my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land,
where no water is;
2
to see thy power and thy glory,

so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
3
Because thy loving-kindness is better than life,

my lips shall praise thee.
4
Thus will I bless thee while I live:

I will lift up my hands in thy name.
5
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness;

and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
6
when I remember thee upon my bed,

and meditate on thee in the night watches.
7
Because thou hast been my help,

therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
8
My soul followeth hard after thee:

thy right hand upholdeth me.
9
But those that seek my soul, to destroy it,

shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
10
They shall fall by the sword:

they shall be a portion for foxes.
11
But the king shall rejoice in God;

every one that sweareth by him shall glory:
but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

No comments: