Monday, June 14, 2010

SPIRITUAL WARFARE

SPIRITUAL WARFARE

2 Corinthians 10:1-6
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=2+Corinthians+10:1-6

Dear Father, teacher of spiritual soldiers,

Thank you for the example of the meekness and gentleness of
Christ. If I must show boldness or be abrasive in any way, let it
be for the good of others. Keep me from having the manners of the
world or living at all in a worldly fashion. For though I live in
the world, I am not carrying on a worldly war. The weapons of my
warfare are not worldly but have divine power from you for
destroying strongholds and obstacles of every kind, for destroying
arguments and rationalizations and hypocrisy. They have the power
to take every thought captive for Christ, when men have the courage
to face up to their condition before you. Let me bear witness for
you and warn people of their peril. The very weapons of our warfare
will be the weapons to bring punishment to the disobedient, for
then they cannot say they have not heard.

But you, Lord, are patient. You give men and women time to come to
obedience. You are so merciful and long-suffering. Thank you, God.

In the name of Jesus, the Lord of mercy and compassion, I ask.
Amen.

No comments: