Tuesday, August 25, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE:
Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck;
write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour
and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
-- Proverbs 3:3-4
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Proverbs+3:3-4&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
Character is measured by the love and faithfulness we genuinely
display in our daily lives. These are not simple virtues that we
can fake. Merciful love is displayed when we have power over
another but choose to treat them with kindness and genuine concern.
Faithfulness is being a person of truth -- genuine and trustworthy
in word and deed. These virtues need to be a part of our everyday
lives and permeate our very identity. When they do, others will
notice and God will be pleased.

PRAYER:
Holy God -- faithful and compassionate, full of mercy and
steadfast love -- I praise you for your example of strength and
mercy, holiness and compassion, love and faithfulness. Carve these
character traits on my heart as I submit myself to your will and
open my life to your Spirit's transformational power. In Jesus'
name I pray. Amen.

No comments: