Monday, August 10, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE:
For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace
and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk
uprightly.
-- Psalm 84:11
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Psalm+84:11&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
These promises are made to the true worshiper (see Psalm 84).
This worshiper delights to be in the presence of God and yearns to
be with God in worship. This worshiper trusts fully in God as his
source of strength, hope, victory, and joy. For this worshiper, God
has left this incredible set of promises! Very similar to Romans 8,
and its hallmark passage in verse 28, God promises to work out
things for good and bless those who "love him and are called
according to his purpose" and withhold nothing that is good (Rom.
8:32). Why? God is for us! He is our sun and shield, he lavishes
his grace and glory upon us, and he will not withhold any good
thing from us.

PRAYER:
O dear Father, how can I thank you? You have lavished your grace
upon me in Jesus. You have promised me victory and heaven. I praise
you for your grace. I thank you for sharing your glory with me. I
rejoice knowing that you long to bless me. Now, dear Father, help
me through your Holy Spirit to be the faithful person you long for
me to be. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: