Monday, December 24, 2007

A World without Pain" Part One... A few months ago... A news broadcast was explaining a disease which is very rare, that, allows the person "afflicted" to feel NO PAIN. The subject was a little boy who actually "feels" no pain....(I'm not a MD so please except my layman's explanation of this condition). Apparently his nervous system and spinal cords has become "disconnected" from the nerve endings that sends a signal to the brain.... "that something is wrong". This "feeling" ain't normal...the brain never receives the signal.... Wow. I thought as I popped a muscle relaxant into my mouth....WHY....well the Elder is getting Older..... I used my back the wrong way and my lower back muscles went into a "protective" mood...and tightened. My MD calls it "SPASMS". I CALL IT SHEER, EXCRUCIATING AND OHMYLORDKILLMENOW.... PAIN" (if you have ever mess with your back....you know what I'm talking about) Pain. One of the most necessary gifts that God has given man. What a well thought out purpose. Something that signals the brain, the body, the emotions and the "MEMORY" that something is wrong, was wrong, could be wrong and "should" be FIXED. Gods is awesome. Can you imagine a world where pain didn't exist. Where the "LESSONS" of what NOT to do can't be learned because the pain "sensors" ARE damaged or non-existent? This young man....the subject of the news broadcast....could break his arm and NOT KNOW...it was broken.... All sorts of issues could happen from that incident. Improper healing. Losing complete use of that limb.... A whole host of issues will arise. Oh my aching back.... I "learned" that I must take it easy. Slow down. Lift properly. Take breaks. Just "be easy". What have you learned from any of the sources of your pains... You have learned many things.... Stay tuned for part two..... Ready. Set. Look back and See how Good God is to you. Even in your pain.... Darren Hicks Check me out on the web: myspace.com/jamesdarrenhicks youtube.com/darrenhicksTags: Edit Tags Wednesday November 21, 2007 - 06:45am (EST) Edit Delete Permanent Link 0 Comments Entry for November 10, 2007 Part Two: Fri, Nov 9, 2007 8:12:30 AM Wow. I was hurt. Jos 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" Reactions. Responses. Empire. Kingdom. Bad. Good. Death. Life. Weak. Strong. Let me I tell you..... I wanted to "hurt".... No MORE after God brought some things to my attention. My "Empire" REACTION.... was in-deed, in-thought, and in-practice.....detrimental.... to my "KINGdom" Purpose. My Destiny in God. My Divinely Appointed Hour. Let me tell you this..... I was hurting...bad from this "sting". I wanted to react, I was talkin to myself.... You know how you be doing when you alone and nobody can hear you....you saying stuff like..."What I'm gonna do and so on..." Then... Amidst my "ranting and raving" God softly spoke and said... "What About Me?" I softly RESPONDED.... "Lord What about you"? He spoke. God spoke. God spoke to me... He said... "What about all the times you have "hurt" me with your actions?" "What about the pain that you have caused ME thru your previous "empire inspired choices"? How about the times you "proclaim" your "I'm sorry God" and turned around and do it again. AND AGAIN. ???" "You have HURT ME...." God said.... He continued.... "When you choose the Empire over KINGdom... You cause me to work around your your faults so that I can get my plans established.... Again..." "I said HUH?" God was speaking....... "When you are out of my will. I have to re-work some of my plans. There are divine appointments, specific missions, formulated encounters, to have YOUR PATHS cross with another so that a blessing can be worked, a miracle can be wrought, a choice made to FOLLOW my SON....However when you fail in accepting a KINGdom choice... something important falls thru...a decision is LOST....a SOUL is LOST. "He continues...this is much larger than your feelings, your emotions and "your hurt"....it is about ME first.....God first. EVEN in your pain." He continues....(by this time I wanted God to stop talking.....but....) He brought up CALVARY....God took me there.... "The Pain did not stop me" He said..... I was done.... He continued..."The Pain You feel, can't even be compared to the pain I have endured to make it right for you." He stopped talking..... I was glad for that..... I said...WOW.... "I asked God to forgive me" He spoke again He said..... "For What?" I was DONE..... Ready. Set. Let YOUR "IT" GO, FOR GOOD. RELEASE YOUR "IT". Darren Hicks Check me out on the web: myspace.com/jamesdarrenhicks youtube.com/darrenhicksTags: Edit Tags Saturday November 10, 2007 - 01:16pm (EST) Edit Delete Permanent Link 0 Comments Entry for November 10, 2007 Part One: Jos 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" 7:14:15 AM Thu, Nov 8, 2007 Reactions. Responses. Empire. Kingdom. Bad. Good. Death. Life. Weak. Strong. A few days ago, I went thru something that invoked within me a "reaction". NOT A RESPONSE. This "It" caused a stir within me. It "infected" and "affected" my thoughts, spirit and my EMOTIONS. This "it" caused a reaction in me that was "birthing" an "EMPIRE" result in "KINGDOM" Properties. (My Pastor has been preaching a series of sermons entitled "Kingdom vs. Empire". Kingdom being the KINGdom, the LORDship, THE POWER of Jesus living THRU you.... Empire being....any other way). When I "felt" this... "It". I wanted to react, without regard, to react and enquire, to react with an "what you say about my Momma" reaction. I put on the gloves and was "ready" to attack, without thought, fight without "true reason". The "I" in me... WANTED TO DEAL WITH THIS "IT".... Then I called one of my sisters. She said.... "Darren, your REACTIONS, could destroy some of the PROVIDENTIALLY ORDAINED plans of GOD...What you are dealing with is larger than YOU." Wow. KINGdom vs. Empire. What's more important? Being hurt and reacting..... (don't get me wrong...no one should be a "doormat") or being hurt....taking that pain to God and allowing his KINGship over me....to "handle" how I would respond. I was mad. Angry. Blinded by rage. My emotions were high. Eyes wet. Nose running. DID I SAY mad... Despondent. My feelings were..... Hurt. Remember this my brothers and sisters.... God has Plans. So does his enemy. God has a Way...so does his enemy. God wants you live for him. So does his enemy. Part two tomorrow will be interesting.... Because this really wasn't about me. It got so much deeper than "me" that I was blown away by the "MEssage" that God was causing "me" to See. Feel. Examine. Live. Experience. Did I say feel? And APPLY. Reactions. Responses. Empire. Kingdom. Bad. Good. Death. Life. Weak. Strong. "Choose ye this day....whom ye will......... Serve." Ready. Set. Stay tune for part two. Now Choose. Darren Hicks Check me out on the web: myspace.com/jamesdarrenhicks youtube.com/darrenhicksTags: Edit Tags Saturday November 10, 2007 - 01:14pm (EST) Edit Delete Permanent Link 0 Comments Entry for November 06, 2007 God opens doors God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close. If you need God to open some doors for you...Take it to God in prayer ...Have a blessed day and remember to be a blessing... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail! Tags: Edit Tags Tuesday November 6, 2007 - 12:12am (EST) Edit Delete Permanent Link 0 Comments Entry for October 28, 2007 God has a positive answer: YOU SAY GOD SAYS BIBLE VERSES You say: "It's impossible" God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27) You say: "I'm too tired" God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30) You say: "Nobody really loves me" God says: I love you (John 3:1 6 & John3:34 ) You say: "I can't go on" God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15) You say: "I can't figure things out" God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5- 6) You say: "I can't do it" God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13) You say: "I'm not able" God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8) You say: "It's not worth it" God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 ) You say: "I can't forgive myself" God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1) You say: "I can't manage" God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19) You say: "I'm afraid" God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7) You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated" God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7) You say: "I'm not smart enough" God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30) You say: "I feel all alone" God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5) PASS THIS ON. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MAY BE IN NEED The first sentence is pretty powerful! God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go." I need this back. If you'll do this for me, I'll do it for you.... Father, God bless all my friends in whatever it is that you know they may need this day! And may their life be full of your peace, prosperity and power as they seek to have a closer relationship with you. Amen. Now send it on to five other people, including the one who sent it to you. Within hours you caused a multitude of people to pray for other people. Then sit back and watch the power of God work in your life. P. S. Five is good, but more is better, who else do you know that needs prayer. Make it a Wonderful Day!!

1 comment:

TINT- Thing's I've Noticed Today said...

This is a great Start...I like this so far...call me and so that we can format it for easier reading...you have a lot of great stuff here...