Monday, April 5, 2010

MY BODY AN INSTRUMENT

MY BODY AN INSTRUMENT

1 Corinthians 6:14-20
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Corinthians+6:14-20

Dear Father, powerful and holy God,

This body of mine is not just temporary, meant for the decay of
the grave. You have promised to redeem it, to make it glorious like
Christ's. It will be my instrument to glorify you throughout
eternity. Let me use it with that thought in mind.

Surely you, God, who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead by your
power, will also raise my body by your power. Make me ever aware
that my body is a member of Christ's body. Shall I take the members
of Christ's body and join it with a prostitute? Never! How can I
become one body with someone who is evil when I am one spirit with
the Lord?

Help me to shun immorality, which, unlike other sin, is against my
own body. I consecrate my body as a temple of the Holy Spirit,
which I have received from you. Help me to know that I am not my
own but that I am bought with a price, the precious blood of Jesus,
and so let me glorify you in my body.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments: