Saturday, December 5, 2009

VERSE:

VERSE:
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who,
being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with
God…
-- Philippians 2:5-6
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Philippians+2:5-6&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
Jesus did not hang on to his heavenly glory, but surrendered it
to save us. Now he asks us to follow his example and share his
heart. He wants us to treat each other as he has treated us,
thinking of others' needs and God's will before our own. Now that's
one revolution I hope I get to see fully happen!

PRAYER:
O Father God, please transform my heart and mind by the power of
your Holy Spirit. I want my thoughts to be your thoughts. I want my
heart's desire to reflect the passions of your Son. I want my will
to be guided by your Spirit. Please forgive my tendency to
ruthlessly hang on to my own importance, my own will, and my own
self-justification, even when I know it is not right or best. Make
my mind more like the mind of your Son. In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: